- Alumni UpdatesFeatured ContentApril 24, 2020As part of our celebration of virtual volunteerism and Giving Tuesday Now, we've rounded up a few of the alumni from AC-administered programs who are working to combat COVID-19.
- Across the GlobeNovember 25, 2019Dushanbe, Tajikistan became her second home. Her experience on the National Security Language Initiative for Youth program inspired her to open a children's library in Tajikistan, which led to an invitation to present at an international conference. She is currently a high school senior with plans to study international relations in college.
- Across the GlobeMay 20, 2019
WASHINGTON — More than 200 exchange students celebrated on Capitol Hill last week, marking their graduation from the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) program.
- Alumni UpdatesApril 26, 2019Mikheil Benidze is from Tbilisi, Georgia, and an alumnus of the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX). Through FLEX, he spent an academic year living with an American host family and attending high school in Adrian, Michigan in 2005-06). Since then, Mr. Benidze has earned a BA in business administration from Tbilisi State University and an MBA in business administration from the Porto Business School at the University of Porto. Today, he monitors the influence of social media on national elections as an executive director at the International Society for Fair Elections and Democracy (ISFED) in Georgia. Mr. Benidze shared his story during a recent interview with Tatyana Movshevich.
- Alumni HighlightMarch 29, 2019Caroline and Liza haven’t met yet, but the nearly two-year-olds have been destined for friendship since before they were born. Their moms, Laura Carll and Tatyana Movshevich, have helped them become pen pals, shipping care packages between London and Erie, Pennsylvania. (The toddlers are not yet ready to write their own letters, but they do enjoy remote playdates through video calls.) Nurturing their daughters' friendship was a natural next step for the moms, best friends who have known each other since Ms. Movshevich's high school exchange year in America. Liza's mom met Caroline’s mom on her first day of high school in 2004, in Blandon, Pennsylvania, shortly after the school assembly that introduced Ms. Movshevich as an exchange student visiting from Russia.
- Across the GlobeMarch 27, 2019
Editor's note: Yulia Bychkovska spent the 2015-16 school year attending high school in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, as part of the Future Leaders E
- Across the GlobeNovember 23, 2018
Editor's note: Norman has been volunteering at American Councils and reading application essays from hopeful exchange students from around t
- Across the GlobeSeptember 28, 2018This past July, I went on exchange again, but not as an exchange student. This time I was an “exchange employee” to American Councils’ office in Armenia.
- Alumni UpdatesSeptember 20, 2018Nataliya Bugayova has never let unlikely odds get in her way. It was unlikely that she would become the first female CEO of a major Ukrainian publication at 25, but she did. It was unlikely that she would be accepted to a master’s program at Harvard at 21, as an international student, but she was. In 2004, it was unlikely that she would be selected as a Future Leaders Exchange student, but she was.