From May 11-13, 2023, the 2022-2023 Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) cohort of exchange teachers traveled to Washington, DC, t
- May 18, 2023
- Featured ContentAcross the GlobeJune 09, 2020
The distance between two research institutions in Kazakhstan and Pennsylvania is nearly 10,000 kilometers, but that hasn’t stopped students and faculty from
- AnnouncementsFebruary 19, 2019The Institute of International Education (IIE) honored AC President Emeritus Dan Davidson with a Centennial Medal for his commitment to international education, during a recent ceremony in New York City.
- Alumni HighlightMarch 08, 2018A quick glance at Keti Bochorishvili’s resume shows many impressive entries, including her latest title: CEO. But when she thinks about her path to success, Keti says it all started when she was 16.
- Alumni UpdatesNovember 30, 2016
As a Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) alumna, social activist, and filmmaker, it was to almost no surprise that the inspiration for Elnura's first documentary film came partially from her experience as an exchange student in the United States. Originally from Kyrgyzstan, Elnura spent a year in high school living with an American family in Washington State through the FLEX Program, where her passion for filmmaking with a social mission was set alight.
- Across the GlobeNovember 23, 2016
More than 875 Youth Exchange and Study (YES) students across 570 host communities in the United States gave cultural presentations during International Education Week, reaching approximately 130,000 Americans.
- AnnouncementsNovember 17, 2016
American Councils for International Education (AC) and Qatar Foundation International (QFI), a grant-making organization based in the US, announced a collaboration to advance their goals of global education via world language education and to strengthen the study and teaching of Arabic language and cultures in the US. Joining forces, AC and QFI will collaborate on and further joint educational, research, and training goals that benefit the missions of both organizations regarding the study and teaching of Arabic language and cultures, and of modern language education.
- Across the GlobeNovember 14, 2016We're living in an era with the largest youth population in history. Today, there are 1.8 billion people worldwide between the ages of 10 and 24. That number is not just a statistic; these are the next generation of global leaders who must come equipped with cross-cultural understanding, foreign language skills, and a personal desire to improve the lives of others.
- AnnouncementsSeptember 23, 2016
Over 50 people gathered to attend a briefing held by the International Exchange and Study Caucus on the importance of international exchange and study programs in the US
- Alumni UpdatesSeptember 20, 2016
US-Central Asian Foundation alumnus Kuttubek launched a summer camp for students in a rural community in his native Kyrgyzstan.