- Alumni UpdatesSeptember 04, 2018Long before she was on the shortlist for the Sony World Photography Award— before she ever considered becoming a professional photographer— Anush Babajanyan was an exchange student with a 35 mm film camera.
- Alumni UpdatesJuly 31, 2018
It’s been 11 years since Jesse Lynch and Lisa Roman lived in Damascus. As the two reflected on their time in Syria, and the global careers they have built since, they agreed that The Arabic Overseas Language Flagship program was essential to their success.
- Alumni HighlightAlumni UpdatesApril 17, 2018About 25 years ago, Benazir Bhutto made history when she took oath as the first woman Prime Minister of Pakistan. Her story is inspiring for many young women in Pakistan today, including me.
- Alumni UpdatesAlumni HighlightMarch 30, 2018Editor's note: In March, American Councils is featuring profiles of alumnae in different stages of their careers. They are studying and working in different fields, but they all got their start through an exchange program and they're all headed for success.
- Alumni UpdatesAlumni HighlightFebruary 27, 2018
Laura Garvie has called many places home, including the "Paris of East Java," Malang, Indonesia. She attributes her professional-level language skills to her semester-long study through the Indonesian Overseas Program (IOP) in 2016. Laura is currently pursuing a master's degree and continuing to connect with the Indonesian community in her current home, Paris, France.
- Alumni UpdatesAlumni HighlightFebruary 22, 2018
Danica has been passionate about languages for as long as she can remember. When she enrolled in Arizona State University, she originally intended to study Spanish. However, the Chinese Language Flagship program at ASU, designed to lead toward professional fluency in Mandarin, altered her course.
- Alumni UpdatesAlumni HighlightFebruary 06, 2018
Naimul Chowdhury spent the summer of 2017 immersed in the sights and sounds of Tainan, Taiwan. The Florida native had not considered living abroad before, but the Taiwan Intensive Summer Language Program (TISLP) changed that.
- Alumni UpdatesAlumni HighlightJanuary 25, 2018
When Jelena Jevtic first heard about the U.N. Youth Assembly, she wasn't sure if she should apply.