- Across the GlobeJune 19, 2018When exchange program participants arrive in America, host families, new friends, and locals welcome them and guide them through the journey to understanding a new and unfamiliar place.
- Across the GlobePress ReleasesMay 11, 2018The former president of Bulgaria spoke at the American Councils office in Ukraine, this week, as part of a special envoy promoting educational opportunities between the two countries.
- Across the GlobeApril 13, 2018
Victorialyn Keay studied abroad in Almaty, Kazakhstan in the fall of 2017, through the Advanced Russian Language and Area Studies Program.
- Across the GlobePress ReleasesApril 10, 2018The students at the Youth Exchange and Study English Camp in Senegal had a chance to practice their language skills with a diplomat last month.
- Across the GlobePress ReleasesJanuary 18, 2018
"When I was 11, I remember waking up one morning to the sound of joy in my house. My father was listening to BBC News on his small, gray radio. There was a big smile on his face, which was unusual then, because the news mostly depressed him. "The Taliban are gone!" my father shouted. I didn't know what it meant, but I could see that my father was very, very happy."
- Across the GlobePress ReleasesDecember 13, 2017
Officials are hopeful about an uptick in Americans attending university in Belarus, following a three-day education workshop.
- Across the GlobeNovember 17, 2017
BACAU, Romania American Councils for International Education won two national awards last week at the Romanian Youth Gala.
American Councils Romania earned second place in the cultural category for the 2017 Elie Wiesel Study Tour, which shared Holocaust-era history with a group of students. The tour also won a special award for combatting discrimination and promoting gender equality.
The Ministry of Youth and Sports in Romania each year honors projects that support youth around the country. This year, there were more than 100 entries in the competition.
- Across the GlobePress ReleasesOctober 11, 2017
Our Georgia Country Director shares the impact of US-Georgian exchanges from 16 years of working in the country.