- Across the GlobeNovember 25, 2019Dushanbe, Tajikistan became her second home. Her experience on the National Security Language Initiative for Youth program inspired her to open a children's library in Tajikistan, which led to an invitation to present at an international conference. She is currently a high school senior with plans to study international relations in college.
- AnnouncementsNovember 07, 2019The US Department of State will provide $4 million to continue the US-Central Asia Education Foundation (US-CAEF) Enterprise Student Fellowship, a prestigious scholarship program enabling students throughout Central Asia to complete undergraduate degrees in business and economics at the American University of Central Asia (AUCA) in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Across the GlobeOctober 04, 2018
Editor's Note: US-CAEF provides funding for undergraduate study in business administration and economics through the Enterprise Student
- Alumni UpdatesSeptember 20, 2018Before she studied abroad in Tajikistan with American Councils, Vanessa E. Beary, Ed.D already had extensive international experience. She first studied Farsi while pursuing her master’s degree at the University of Cambridge in the UK in 2005. She later worked as a public diplomacy officer for the US State Department in Iraq, a role that earned her the Outstanding Civilian Service Award from the Department of Defense. It is the third-highest public honor a civilian can receive.
- Across the GlobeOctober 05, 2017
At the recent US-Uzbekistan Business Forum, Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev noted his desire for collaboration between American Councils, the Uzbek Ministry of Higher Education, and the Uzbek Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Alumni UpdatesMarch 09, 2017
Newly elected members of the US-CAEF alumni council will further strengthen the alumni community and entrepreneurial spirit throughout Central Asia.
- Alumni UpdatesNovember 21, 2016
To combat gender inequality in Tajikistan, one US-CAEF alumna hosted a women's empowerment workshop in the country's second largest city.
- AnnouncementsSeptember 14, 2016
Students interested in the NSLI-Y scholarship program are invited to a virtual event to learn about studying in Tajikistan.
- Language NewsNovember 12, 2015Understanding multiple languages gives access to perspectives that are not always translated or translatable.
- Across the GlobeApril 03, 2015
Navruz, the Persian New Year, is a time of celebration and renewal for the people of Tajikistan. American students studying Tajik and Farsi on the Eurasian Regional Language Program (ERLP) in Tajikistan and alumni of the Future Leaders Exchange Program (FLEX) came together to celebrate Persian language and culture in the capital, Dushanbe.