US Study Abroad Assistance Fund
American Councils has established the US Study Abroad Assistance Fund to help American students with demonstrated financial need as they participate in programs we implement. The Assistance Fund, which was created with support from our Board of Trustees and senior leadership, is intended to provide awards for costs that most scholarships or programs do not cover, including passport fees, medical exams, luggage, and other incidentals. Eligible program finalists can apply for up to $300 in support towards covering these extra costs.
We offer this new initiative as a way to decrease the financial barriers some US students face, as a part of our ongoing efforts to make study abroad truly accessible to all students. We believe that diversity enriches our world and cultivates respect for the communities in which we work. We hope this fund will help expand access to meaningful overseas experiences to participants from all backgrounds.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Program finalists from the following programs administered by American Councils are eligible to apply:
- Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program
- National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y)
- AC Study and Research Abroad Programs
- Overseas Flagship Programs
- YES Abroad
- Professional Fellows Program (PFP)
Additional eligibility requirements:
- US citizen or permanent resident.
- Pell Grant eligible, Free and Reduced Meal (FARM) eligible, or TRiO Program participant.
- Agrees to provide testimonial (narrative and photo/video) about your program experience.
The Assistance Fund provides support to summer, fall, spring, and academic year program finalists. Applications are collected in April, July, and November, prior to a student’s intended program start date.
Next deadline: December 2, 2019
Please contact our team at: email@example.com