RussNet is a vast online Russian language learning and teaching network where teachers, students and lovers of Russian can find a wealth of Russian language resources.
RussNet offers user-friendly language modules for use in the classroom or independently. The RussNet Virtual Classroom enables teachers to maintain dedicated classroom space and to make assignments for use in conjunction with the modules. If modules are studied independently, students can still track their progress with RussNet's scoring mechanism. RussNet staff is also available by e-mail or phone during business hours to offer technical assistance.
RussNet Language Modules offer variety in content, media and approach. The following modules are available:
- Business Russian This is a comprehensive collection of exercise units focusing on Russian for business communication. The units range from absolute novice (learning the alphabet) to advanced tasks such as deciphering contracts. The modules can be used in conjunction with the ACTR publication "Russkii Yazyk v Delovom Obshchenii" or independently.
- High School to College Articulation Project This is RussNet's latest project. It offers separate modules on a variety of themes using authentic texts, video, audio and photography.
- A Cultural Map of Russia This ongoing RussNet project gives learners an opportunity to learn Russian while learning about various regions of Russia. Currently posted is a cultural map of Northwest Russia. The site offers unprecedented and extensive video footage of the region and its people, as well as informative Russian texts and exercises.
RussNet is also a portal to other sites related to Russian language learning. Resource links include:
- Materials for teachers of Russian
- Online networks and professional organizations
- Employment opportunities for those who know Russian
- Publications and publishing
- Materials for students of the Russian language
- Tools for assessing students of the Russian language