• Be a U.S. citizen
• Be a full-time employee in a U.S. school
• Have a minimum of three years teaching experience (at time of application)
• Be a high school teacher of English, Math or Science
• Be able to attend program orientation
• Be available to travel to India, participate in pre-program orientation and complete the full program in India
The India Summer Teacher Educational Seminar is approximately five weeks in length including pre-departure orientation program in Washington, DC; in-country orientation; and time in India.
D.C. Orientation: June 27-28
India: June 30-August 4
This grant includes international and domestic airfare; meals and/or per diem; accommodations for orientation in Washington, DC and the orientation and program in India; and a shipping stipend for materials.
Closed for summer 2013. Look for the summer 2014 application in fall 2013.
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State
United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF)
The India Summer Teacher Program is a short-term, exchange opportunity for U.S. high school teachers of English, Mathematics and Science to collaborate and teach with an Indian counterpart.
The program is fully funded by the Bureau of Educational Affairs (ECA), U.S. Department of State and administered by American Councils and the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF). Grantees are assigned to schools in Kolkata, where the medium of instruction is English, and will team-teach with an Indian counterpart in their subject area. The program provides a professional development opportunity for U.S. and Indian educators to work together on issues of mutual interest to their communities, schools and students.
• be creative, self-reliant, flexible and able to maintain excellent relationships with faculty, staff, and students in India;
• have a sincere interest in learning from the experience of others and sharing best practices; and
• be prepared to make presentations about their subject and the United States before diverse audiences in India.
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org